Have you heard of the Bahamian Riviera yet? Now you have. This pristine Providence Island beachfront is a haven of tropical tranquility, yet only minutes from Nassau's airport.
The jewel of the Bahamian Riviera will be Baha Mar, a spectacular casino mega-resort rising from the sand. It is sure to redefine Caribbean vacations. (Baha Mar is seen here in a rendering and in development.)
Last Thursday, Baha Mar celebrated its construction "topping off" with a Champagne-and-hardhat gala.
The festivities were hosted by Baha Mar's chairman/CEO, Bahamian resident Sarkis Izmirlian, and by Bahamian Lenny Kravitz, whose Kravitz Design will add unique flair to Baha Mar.
Baha Mar thinks big. Guests will have their choice of four luxury hotels: Rosewood, Mondrian, Grand Hyatt, and the main event, The Baha Mar Casino & Hotel. This dazzler will flaunt the Caribbean's largest casino, 100,000 square feet of gaming action.
More to love at Baha Mar:
- 30 dining venues
- 14 pools
- An 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course
- A soul-soothing, body-buffing ESPA spa
- Stirring Bahamian art everywhere by the likes of painter Kishan Munroe, seen here with his monument to Bahamian history
Baha Mar is going to be a luxury travel magnet geared to tasteful adults who have seen the world and know what's great.
And the Bahamian Riviera is going to be great.
- Start dreaming...check out the jet-set allure of Baha Mar, mere miles from the Florida coast >>
- Arrive at Baha Mar looking your best with inflight beauty secrets from Bahamas resident, royal model India Hicks >>
Photos: Baha Mar envisioned, Baha Mar now, Baha Mar Topping Off Ceremony Feb. 21, 2013. Lenny Kravitz with Baha Mar chairman/CEO Sarkis Izmirlian ęBaha Mar. Topping Off band, Bahamian artist Kishan Munroe, Bahamian sunset from the air @Karen Tina Harrison.