Why Choose Turnberry Isle Miami?
Turnberry Isle Miami offers something different to luxury travelers: it is a family-owned heritage hotel with a feeling of Old Florida gentility and elegance.
But Turnberry Isle Miami is not a languid resort whose guests lounge about, drinking iced tea. Turnberry Isle Miami is a recreation magnet with incredible sporting and leisure options. Activities include:
- Two emerald-green 18-hole championship golf courses designed by Raymond Floyd
- Cañas Tennis Academy, supervised by Grand Slam pro Guillermo Cañas
- Three pool complexes: one geared to families, the other catnip to lap swimmers, another at the resort's Beach Club
- A beach and beach club (a short shuttle ride away)
- An up-to-the-minute gym with private TV/game monitors and 24-hour accessM
- A three-mile jogging path that winds through the 300-acre property
But Turnberry Isle Miami also has its indulgent side:
- Beautiful rooms and suites with balconies and soaking tubs
- A full-service spa
- A knockout restaurant, Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak
- The more casual Cascata Grill
- Shuttle vans to the dynamic Aventura Mall
- Almost walking distance away, the famed Gulfstream Park Thoroughbred racetrack
- Turnberry Isle Marina, with a pool, dining, and free hotel shuttle for yacht owners
It is very easy to relax at Turnberry Isle Miami. But it is impossible to be bored.
Location of Turnberry Isle Miami
Situated in Aventura, just above North Miami, Turnberry Isle Miami is convenient to everything in South Florida. It is set a half hour to either Miami (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale (FLL) airport, and is a pleasant drive from South Beach.
Who Stays at Turnberry Isle Miami?
Saying that a resort offers "something for everyone" is a cliché. But this is the case with Turnberry Isle Miami. Among its satisfied customers:
- Fitness-minded guests: Golfers, tennis players, runners, workout loyalists, lap swimmers
- Families: Nuclear units hole up in cabanas overlooking waterpark-like Laguna Pool. A popular option for young guests: Kids' Connection, the resort camp
- Romantic guests: Miami is an easy, low-airfare getaway, and Turnberry Isle feels extremely private
- Spa acolytes: The resort's 25,000-square-foot spa is repeatedy honored in Condé Nast Traveler's "World's Best Spas"
- Heritage hotel lovers: Turnberry Isle Miami has been owned by the Soffer family since the 1960s. It was built to surround a vast, ancient banyan tree that continues to thrive and enchant visitors
- Pets: Turnberry Isle Miami has a very pet-friendly policy. Furry family members under 25 pounds are welcome for a fee of $125 for any length of stay