What to Expect at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita on the Riviera Maya, Mexico
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is a Riviera Maya luxury all-inclusive hotel. It appeals to upscale travelers who know the difference between a very good resort and a great resort.
Zoetry is the top-tier hotel brand in the AMResorts family, which includes Secrets, Dreams, Now, and Sunscape. In my opinion, Zoetry is a true luxury hotel, and has been awarded the rare AAA Five Diamonds.
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is tucked along the Caribbean beach of Mexico's Riviera Maya, the vacation region just south of Cancun, (The resort is only 20 minutes from Cancun's airport in Puerto Morelos, formally considered part of Cancun.)
Zoetry is among the Riviera Maya's best two or three all-inclusive resorts – and there are many. Zoetry Riviera Maya is distinguished in numerous ways:
- Every one of its 90 suites is oceanfront (not merely ocean-view)
- Zoetry is laid out horizontally across a very wide beach. This contrasts with most Riviera Maya resorts, which tend to be set perpendicular to the beach, with only a narrow beachfront and very few rooms on the actual beach. All Zoetry rooms are on the beach
- The resort is managed by amResorts but owned by a prominent Mexican architect who spends nearly half his time in residence. So Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is not only visually beautiful, it has that owner-on-premises attention to detail
- Not a single one of this all-inclusive's meals, in three restaurants, is a buffet; all dining is a la carte and cooked to order
- While the resort is not strictly adults-only, youngsters pay full rates, so they are few
- Perhaps as a consequence, Zoetry is low-key and quiet, with a tranquil resort vibe
- Zoetry's Bird Lounge sitting area, filled with parrots and other tropical birds, is an extraordinary nature experience overseen by two Spanish-speaking jungle parrots named Makita and Pancho. With its free wifi, the Bird Lounge is one of the most pleasant places I've ever worked on my laptop
Service is solicitous and efficient at Zoetry Riviera Maya. I experienced swift check-in by a multilingual staff, knowledgeable concierge service, and dependable housekeeping.